H.M Customs (Head Quarters)
Richard Stoutt Building
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
Processing of Concession for First Time Home Owners
Step 1: Fill out the First Time Home Builders Declaration Form. (signing of Importer and Witness is done at the Head or the Virgin Gorda Office).
Step 2: Submit form to the Customs Department Headquarters, along with supporting documents.
Step 3: The applicant receives a signature of approval once all requirements are submitted.
Step 4: The applicant can import the goods into the territory.
Step 5: The goods must be cleared, once it arrives to the territory.
- Proof of Citizenship (BVIslander or Belonger)
- Certified copy of a bill of quantities from a Licensed Quantity Surveyor
- Copy of Approval letter from Town & Country Planning and Building Authority (Public Works Department)
- Completion of First Time Home Builder Declaration
- Copy of the Approval Plan
Turn Around Time
• An Internal Audit Team may be used to verify the declared imported goods.
• Turn around time varies based on the level of consultation with other governmental agencies.
Department Contact Information
Her Majesty's Customs
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telephone: 1(284) 468-6801
Fax: 1(284) 494-6906