Information Officer II
Department of Information & Public Relations
Motorists and other users of the Territory’s roads are notified of the following upcoming road works, closures and traffic interruptions scheduled to take place.
- The section of road on Main Street between Smiths Gore and the St. George’s Anglican Church will be closed on Saturday, June 24 from 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.The purpose of the closure is to facilitate the funeral of the late Mr. Stanley Dawson. Motorists will be redirected through nearby roads in the area.
- On Lee Road, Virgin Gorda the section of road from the fire station to Ocean View Hotel will be closed from Friday, June 23, 7:00 a.m. to Monday, June 26, 7:00 a.m. On Monday, June 26 at 7:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 28, 7:00 p.m. the section of road from Ocean View Hotel to Scotiabank will be closed.
- To facilitate the Queen’s Baton Relay on Monday, July 3, traffic interruption is expected to happen at the Noel Lloyd P.A.M. Drive from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. The route which ends at the A.O. Shirley Recreation Ground will proceed through the following areas from 10:00 a.m. to noon.
- Noel Lloyd Park to Tortola Pier Park Boardwalk
- Behind the Central Administration Complex to the Queen Elizabeth II Park
- Old Government House to the Adina Donovan Home
- Along Main Street up to the Sunday Morning Well to the Botanic Garden
- 1780 Sugar Works Museum onto the James Walter Francis Drive dual carriageway into the A.O. Shirley Recreation Grounds entrance adjacent SupaValue.
- Road works also continue in Spring Ghut, Horsepath, Harrigan Estate (Bound Tree Road) and Nottingham Estate.
Motorists are asked to drive with extreme caution and to follow road signs in these areas. Motorists are also asked to take the suggested alternate routes in to and out of Road Town and to refrain from parking on sidewalks.
As the Ministry of Communications and Works continues to carry out various infrastructural works in the coming months, persons are asked to stay abreast with media outlets online and on the radio or the Government’s YouTube and Facebook pages at the username @BVIGovernment for more information.
For the exact location of these and other infrastructural works, please visit www.bvi.gov.vg/roadworks.