The public is invited to participate in the final simulation exercise of the Traffic Turnaround in Road Town on Monday, June 1 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
All interested persons are asked to drive into town as usual then commence to follow the road signs and markings.
The turnaround will see the following changes:
- Waterfront Drive - (the stretch of road from the traffic lights at First Caribbean Bank to the roundabout by Sol Gas station) Traffic going in one direction from the traffic lights easterly to the roundabout.
- Roundabout – (in Road Town) traffic is no longer going towards the west on Waterfront Drive.
- DeCastro Street – (the roadway from Bobby’s Supermarket to Scotia Bank) Traffic will be going in one direction onto Positive Action Drive westerly.
- Main Street - Traffic going in one direction westerly from the foot of Joe’s Hill (by the Methodist Church graveyard) towards the Dr. D. Orlando Smith Hospital.
- Nibbs Street – (the roadway adjacent First Bank and Cutlass Building) Traffic will be going in one direction towards Waterfront Drive, turning right only.