Information Officer (Ag.)
The Caribbean Development Bank Loan funded projects at Windy Hill and Horsepath are on the road to completion.
In Horsepath, works included reconstruction of the road, slope stabilisation and drain construction at the upper and lower parts of the area extending into Huntum’s Ghut. Works at the lower end are ninety percent (90%) complete.
Works at Windy Hill are underway following a visit to the site by the engineering consultants of FDL Consult Inc. The project was halted in 2017 as a result of flooding which caused significant landslides, and the undermining of the upper and lower roadways.The scope of works on the project has been significantly altered to upgrade the drainage structures, roadway and retaining wall.
Autland Heavy Equipment Company Limited is the project’s contractor and provides the following works:
- The general clearance of land along the route of the permanent works
- Disposal of unsuitable site arisings
- Demolition of an existing reinforced concrete road pavement
- Construction of four (4) reinforced concrete cantilever retaining walls
- Construction of a reinforced concrete box drain along the upper and lower Windy Hill roads
- Construction of a reinforced concrete cascading box drain between the upper and lower Windy Hill roads
- Installation of a reinforced concrete culvert along upper Windy Hill road
- Reconstruction of demolished section of road pavement
To date, nine (9) projects have been completed. These include:
- Drainage solution and road rehabilitation works in Long Trench
- Drainage improvement and road rehabilitation in Fortune Ghut
- Reconstruction of road and slope stabilisation in Huntum's Ghut
- Road and drainage improvement in Palestina
- Embankment stabilisation and road reinstatement in Ballast Bay
- Installation of a retaining wall at Thomas Land
- Drainage improvement in Parham Town
- Drainage solution and road stabilisation in Greenland
- Construction of retaining walls and road rehabilitation in Nottingham Estate.
a. works done at Windy Hill
b. works done onHorsepath – Huntum’s Ghut