Fireworks display in the British Virgin Islands must be conducted by a licensed Pyro Technician. 


Step 1: The applicant submits an application to the Minister of Communication and Works.  

Step 2: Once approved, the Ministry of Communication and Works would send a copy of the license to the applicant.  

Supporting Documents

  • Name of the applicant getting the license 
  • Address of applicant
  • Occupation of applicant
  • Quantity of fireworks imported/to offer for sale 
  • Description of the storage place 

Method of Applying

Email or Hard copy to the Ministry of Communication and Works

Turn Around Time

1 week

Additional Notes

Cannot sell fireworks to persons under the age of 16.

Department Contact Information

Ministry of Communication and Works

The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Communications and Works
Government of the Virgin Islands
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110

Business Hours:

Monday - Friday  
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Email Address:

Telephone: 1(284) 468-2183
Fax: 1(284) 468-3090