P.O. Box 4662
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
A certified copy of land records is authenticated by affixing the Land Registry’s stamp and endorsed by a Registry officer.
What records are available for certified copies?
- Registered Documents
Step 1: Complete Form R.L.23 form (Application for Certified Copy)
- Knowledge of the property information is recommended (i.e. Registration Section, Block and Parcel Number)
Step 2: Present completed form to front desk officer along with payment (pricing is subject to the type of request)
Step 3: Certified Copies takes two (2) working days to process and will be ready for collection on the second (2nd) business day.
Turn Around Time
2 Business Days (longer for larger orders)
- Large requests may take longer than two business days to be processed.
- Additional fees are incurred for requests made via email and fax.
- Additional fees are incurred for expedited requests.
- The Register can be used as a reference when requesting copies of documents that reflect entries of the register.
- Officers are available to assist.
Why would I need a certified copy?
- Proof of property ownership (registered proprietor)
- Property history (summary of all property transactions).
- Requirement for Town & Country Planning transactions (i.e. subdivision of property and submission of plans).
- Requirement for banking transactions.
Department Contact Information
Department of Land Registry
P.O. Box 4662
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cashier: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Telephone:1(284) 468 2017
Fax:1(284) 468 3324