Information Officer II
Department of Information & Public Relations
Residents are asked to comply with the following tips to help manage waste during the COVID-19 curfew.
- Reduce the amount of waste generated by consuming only what is needed.
- Soiled baby pampers and used wipes should be stored separately and treated with disinfectant to reduce odor. Garbage bags should be sealed tightly.
- Cardboard boxes and small plastic water bottles are to be flattened to reduce volume.
- Rinse all used cans, bottles, eggshells and other similar waste before discarding in the trash bin to help reduce odor and prevent flies.
- All waste to be collected should be placed in tightly sealed plastic bags.
Collection of residential waste will be done on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 7:00 a.m. during the curfew. The Department of Waste Management will not be collecting bulky, hazardous nor yard waste during this period.