To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.
Yes, However it is preferred that you submit your application electronically.Submitting paper applications may delay the processing of your application. Online applications will be forwarded to the hiring departments more promptly.

No. To start a food business you are required to apply for a trade licence from the Department of Trade and Consumer Affairs and to also seek registration and licencing of that business with the Environmental Health Division before beginning operation of the business.

The Facilities Management Unit will only approve government-related activities and events to be held at the Complex or on the compound. Government agencies that are not located in the Complex and non-profit organizations can write to the Facilities Manager requesting permission to use the compound at least two weeks in advance. The Facilities Manager must also be notified in writing of all events, meetings, or visitation by schools and other entities in advance.

No!  Food handlers' nails must be short (meaning you cannot see the nail over the fingertips) and clean.  Long nails hold bacteria and dirt which can contaminate food.

No.  Any effort by an employer to offer terms and conditions that are less favourable than those of the Code is not legal.  Your employer may offer you better conditions than those of the Code where it is fair to do so.