To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.
1) Transfer of students takes place only at the beginning of the academic year except under special circumstances. 2) Enquire from the principal of the prospective school on available space 3) Request transfer from the Principal of the school that your child attends. 4) The transfer certificate is sent by the principal of the school to the Department of Education for final processing. Note: Transfer from a private school to a public school is treated as a new admission to the public school system. (See requirements listed under question dealing with registration) Belongers are eligible for school transfers. Non-belongers are at the discretion of the department, and will need to reapply if a favourable decision is granted.

Dr. the Honourable D. Orlando Smith OBE
Premier of the Virgin Islands

Premier’s Office

3rd Floor Central Administration Complex
East Wing

33 Admin Drive
Road Town, Tortola VG 1110
British Virgin Islands

Applicants are required to appear in person to submit an application for persons deemed to belong to the Virgin Islands. This is essential for capturing applicants’ photo image and signature.
You must first collect and complete a scholarship application form. These are available at the Ministry and the Help Desk at the Central Administration Complex. Submit your completed application (along with photographs). Only your transcript and/or letter of acceptance will be accepted after the application deadline. Your completed application will be reviewed by the Scholarships Committee.
By completing the required application form and forwarding it to the Chief Education Officer, Department of Education, Central Administration Complex, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. The following documents should accompany the application. (i) Original or certified copy of birth certificate (ii) Original of all certificates and/or diplomas (iii) Four reference letters