The successful applicant will provide effective management of the Children’s Home and ensure the physical, mental and social needs of all residents are the first priority to all personnel.
1. Manage the activities and operations of the Rainbow Children’s Home to ensure the Home is efficient and effective in its daily duties. Make recommendations to management on selection of staff, programs and other functions develop and improve of the functions of Home.
2. Conduct regular meetings with staff and residents to discuss relevant matters and to ensure areas of concern are actioned.
3. Provide adequate supervision and guidance to the Deputy Superintendent and Security Guards to ensure correct policies and procedures are being followed at all times.
4. Inform the Deputy Chief Social Development Officer of all pertinent matters on a regular basis in order that appropriate action may be taken in a timely manner.
5. Ensure that each child has an individual case file and medical file which are accurate, up to date and available for reference at all times.
6. Coordinate and execute workshops for children and relevant issues, topics and concerns in an efficient and proactive manner. Develop in conjunction with the Home’s management team appropriate after school programs and other activities for residents to assist with their personal development.
7. Coordinate with the Department Social Workers to ensure the progress of children living at home is monitored and followed up as instructed.
8. Ensure that adequate and appropriate recommendations and referrals from other professionals are acted upon.
9. Perform the human resources functions for the unit.
10. Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
11. Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
12. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
1. Develop the trust and support of colleagues and stakeholders
2. Manage time effectively
3. Provide leadership in area of responsibility
4. Ensure products and services meet quality requirements
5. Provide information and advice to others
6. Plan for the use of resources
7. Plan for change
8. Minimise interpersonal conflict
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal Office Environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Five (5) years’ work experience as a Social Worker
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of social work principles
- Excellent knowledge of Social Work
- Excellent knowledge of relevant and current issues and trends
- Excellent knowledge of working with children
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound time management and organisational skills
- Sound supervisory and managerial skills
- Sound interpersonal skills including counseling and interviewing techniques
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound sueprvisory and management skills