The successful applicant will organise and coordinate office operations and procedures to ensure seamless organisational efficiency and effectiveness within the Department of Human Resources.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Administrative Unit through the management of daily operations and supervision of staff.
- Conduct research, prepare correspondence and other documents ensuring a quick turnaround and accuracy
- Prepare staff activity reports for guidance for management, including reports of time and attendance.
- Lead and implement activities which address and improve employee development and morale within the Department
- Manage and organise office operations and procedures, such as typing, flow correspondence, requisition of supplies and other clerical/administrative services
- Evaluate office production, revise office procedures and recommend new approaches towards improving efficiency of workflow.
- Administer and maintain manual and electronic filing systems ensuring security of confidential personnel data
- Manage the office layout, seating assignments, and manage the onboarding of new staff and coordinate regular office maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling of meetings and events
- Identify job specific and environmental hazards and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimize workplace hazards.
- Ensure quality front-line customer service and respond to customer enquiries and complaints.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management or its equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience related experience; two (2) years’ supervisory experience
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of office procedures and systems
- Sound knowledge of filing systems and procedures
- Sound research skills and attentive to details
- Sound knowledge of records management and archival systems
- Sound knowledge of the Government policies and procedures including General Orders, Public Service Commission’s Regulations
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Strength in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- High degree of customer service, team building and interpersonal skills