The successful applicant will provide advice, assistance and administrative support to ensure Departmental objectives are achieved.
1. Ensure that the department’s policies, procedures and regulations are being followed at all times.
2. Attend meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
3. Ensure all communications to and from taxpayers, together with associated records, are dealt with.
4. Monitor Tax Unit performance against departmental goals to ensure targets are achieved.
5. Conduct research and prepare periodic reports to the department for management purposes.
6. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
1. Develop the trust and support of colleagues and stakeholders
2. Manage time effectively
3. Provide leadership in area of responsibility
4. Ensure products and services meet quality requirements
5. Provide information and advice to others
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal office environment Fieldwork
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related area
- Four (4) years’ experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound supervisory and management skills