The successful applicant will supervise the running of the postal branch in an effective and efficient manner in order to meet the postal needs of the Territory.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the branch and supervision of assigned staff.
2. Perform weekly audits and deposits of all revenue collected and render monthly accounts in order to maintain effective running of the branch
3. Assist in customer surveys and respond to customers’ inquiries in order to maintain a good level of customer service.
4. Sell stamps to vendors daily and distribute stamps to counter clerks weekly in order to maintain to meet the postal needs of the Territory.
5. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
1. Manage time to meet personal objectives
2. Gain the trust and support of your manager
3. Contribute to the effective use of resources
4. Manage self to set an example
5. Maintain work activities to meet requirements including quality
6. Inform and advise others
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Normal office environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field
- Two (2) years working experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory skills