The successful applicant will perform and assist with daily accounting and administrative functions to ensure that departmental accounting and fiscal records are kept and maintained accurately.
- Ensure diligent performance of accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are kept.
- Prepare purchase orders and vouchers within a specified timeframe to ensure that internal records for expenses are accurately kept and orders are made in a timely manner.
- Compare invoices and bills to purchase orders before payment so that accurate payments are made.
- Monitor and maintain records of all of the Department’s accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Record and reconcile vote book as required to ensure that all transactions are recorded and accounted correctly.
- Liaise with other government ministries and external vendors and suppliers on relevant matters as and when required to ensure efficiency.
- Assist in training and supervision of accounts staff where required in order to aid the professional development of other team members.
- Assist in the drafting of the annual budget when required to support other team members.
- Prepare and process the relevant forms and paperwork to complete related financial accounting processes.
- Draft and type correspondence; research, analyse and prepare reports.
- Assist with maintaining inventory levels.
- Liaise with other relevant departments and vendors.
- Performs any other related duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
- One (1) to two (2) years working experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
- Sound knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Sound knowledge of computer programmes used for analysis and databases
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills