The successful applicant will oversee and administer direct and indirect nursing care to residents of Adina Donovan Home for the Elderly.
1.Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
2.Report on daily patient activities per shift. Submit reports on accidents, incidents and such other occurrences to the Assistant Manager, for risk management purposes. Provide regular status reports to the patient’s physician.
3.Maintain accurate records and reporting systems for continuing care, legal purposes and ensures that all members of the care team are aware of resident-related matters.
4.Respond promptly to institutional or other emergency calls requiring extra duty, mobilization of emergency systems, evacuation of patients.
5.Control the residents’ environment to ensure safety, hygienic and aesthetic conditions and control of noise and traffic flows.
6.Request, store, monitor, control, administer and document pharmaceuticals. Control, secure and maintain legal records for Schedule I Dangerous Drug.
7.Complete rounds and administer IM and IV medication as ordered by physician.
8.Collect and analyse data to identify residents’ needs.
9.Monitor and document residents’ responses to treatment and medication.
10.Contact physician in cases of emergency and refers residents to the emergency room in the absence of the physician.
11.Collaborate with other members of the care team to achieve the highest quality of care.
12.Respond appropriately to residents’ call in a timely and professional manner.
13.Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor or other senior officers to ensure the efficient and effectiveness of the Adina Donovan Home.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Three (3) years’ work experience in the field
- At least 5 (five) years in as senior Nurse in a hospital or similar setting
- Certificate in gerontology
- Registered in the Virgin Islands with a current license
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of basic nursing and ethical nursing practice
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure