The successful applicant will assist provide leadership, operational direction and management for all programme services, develop support staff, systems, policies and procedures, and contribute to the planning and leading change.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Aging and Disability Division through the management of daily operations and programmes, ensuring effective staff development and supervision of assigned staff.
2. Develop and implement recommendations to improve processes, procedures and programmes ensuring that clients receive the necessary support to maximise their independence and support their individual goals.
3. Oversee and maintain systems and records relevant to the Division, ensuring the security of data and ensuring that data is kept up to date so that complete records are available for reference and for statistical purposes.
4. Monitor the programme activities and conduct evaluations to ensure that the programmes are focused on the needs and goals of the clients, and ensure that activities comply with the established legislation, policies and procedures.
5. Provide professional and technical advice on complex programme matters.
6. Assist with the preparation and manage the programme’s budget.
7. Assist with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
8. Research, analyse and prepare various reports.
9. Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any changes in policies or procedures relevant to the role.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
Five (5) years’ experience in social work with management experience
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, policies and regulations
Excellent knowledge of project management techniques
Expert knowledge of working with people with disabilities
Excellent interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
Expert knowledge of curriculum and instructional strategies and research based methods and strategies related to autism
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent knowledge of casework management, concepts and procedures
Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Sound supervisory and management skills