Submitted by ACorbin on 19 April 2017 - 3:08pm
Internal Position No.:
MHSD 04 of 2017
The successful applicant will provide assistance within the Centre to ensure that all matters are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Centre through the administration of daily operations.
- Answer and evaluate incoming telephone calls so that queries are received by the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Assist within the Centre to meet their objectives by performing the following duties:
- Obtain and verify client information in a timely manner;
- Observe client behaviours;
- Assist with developing treatment plans for clients;
- Conduct life skills training and orienting clients to the Centre;
- Transport or accompany clients to appointments; and
- Complete case narratives on clients in a competent and professional manner.
- Assist clients in completing forms, explain programme policies and procedures and provide instructions to clients on service provision to ensure courteous and professional assistance is given and that clients are fully informed.
- Administer and maintain records, systems/databases and reports ensuring security of data.
- Assist in the formulation of service development and delivery.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Centre.
- Associate’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in Social Work or related field
- Valid standard BVI driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Government’s policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of casework management, concepts and procedures
- Basic interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
- Basic oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 5 May 2017