Submitted by SGibbs on 18 January 2019 - 11:11am
Internal Position No.:
5 of 2019
The successful applicant will manage the Unit to ensure all operations are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Department through administration of daily operations and supervision of assigned staff.
- Advise Chief / Deputy Chief Information Officer of new technologies and equipment necessary and assist with the management and maintenance of studio equipment to maintain studio at optional efficiency.
- Monitor audio / video recordings to ensure consistent quality.
- Act as camera person for events that need video coverage.
- Develop policies and procedures for instructional media productions.
- Coordinate and ensure the quality of work (quality control). Recommend industry standards to Information Officers in selecting appropriate shooting sites (location), camera angles, lighting, studio set-up, graphics, etc.
- Supervise the cataloging and maintenance of the audio visual and photography electronic and physical libraries.
- Prepare correspondences, proposals and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Manage the Production Unit’s financial needs are met and make recommendations to the CIO on all unexpected purchases, while troubleshooting for the upcoming year.
- Maintain the inventory levels for the unit ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
- Plan and implement training programs for assigned personnel.
- Liaise and collaborate with Information Officers, Production Technicians and other relevant officers on various projects and ensure that work is completed at the established standards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media Production, studio, broadcast production or related field
- Four (4) years working experience
- Sound knowledge of the Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of the use of Audio, Video and Lightening equipment and systems
- Excellent skills in editing audio and video footage
- Excellent knowledge of Mass and Media Communications
- Excellent knowledge of the use of computer equipment and relevant computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of all media equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
Friday, 1 February 2019