The successful applicant will assist with execution of postal services, frontline, and clerical duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Department and to the public at all times.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Perform clerical and data entry functions.
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
- Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
- Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
- Assist with the delivery and collection of mail from the various locations in order to maintain effective and timely mail delivery to residents and businesses, as required.
- Assist with the verification, dispatch and/or preparation of documentation on packages received in order to maintain an effective and efficient service, as required.
- Ensure that postal vehicles are maintained in order to ensure the health and safety of others, as required.
- Assist the Marketing Unit with the execution of various clerical duties, as required.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- One (1) to three (3) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Basic to sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good to sound oral and written communication skills
- Basic to sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Basic to sound knowledge of general office procedures
- Good to sound time management and organisational skills
- Good to sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player