Submitted by ACorbin on 1 August 2017 - 4:09pm
Internal Position No.:
49 of 2017
The successful applicant will supervise the operational procedures of the department in order to maintain an effective and efficient Department.
- Supervise and develop mail processes, operational and network plans, service targets and staff placements and resources in order to maintain effective management of the Department.
- Ensure that information is collected from the tipping section in order for data to be available for use by the respective sub unit.
- Further develop the mail hub by consolidating all mail function in order for a more efficient process.
- Ensure that mail processes and rates follow best practice procedures in order to comply with the UPU Acts.
- Assist in the collection of statistics and ensure that delivery targets are met as well as ensuring that the necessary findings are submitted to the required units in order to monitor the development of the department.
- Liaise with the management team to determine best routes, deployment of boxes and conveyance of mail in order to obtain the best service for customers.
- Set measureable targets according to best practices and notify the Postmaster of any issues which may arise with quality of service deliverables in order to maintain an effective postal service to the Territory.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
- Three (3) years working experience
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Sound knowledge of pipeline processes, measurement and target setting
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory skills
Thursday, 24 August 2017