The successful applicant will development and monitor the activities of the branch with particular focus on sales and revenues in order to maintain the effective running of postal branches which meet the needs of the Territory.
1. Develop a business plan and advise of methods to minimise shrinkage by maintaining accurate records of stock levels, maintaining accurate pricing structures, setting revenue targets, and conducting continuous market research to determine improvements or new products and services to ensure effective operation of the branch.
2. Audit weekly counter balances, monitor the computerised counter system, verify collection of revenue and prepare deposits, accept mail deposited of revenue from various sales transactions and make timely deposits for posting and dispatching in order to maintain accurate records of balances and deposits.
3. Prepare relevant reports on the activities of the unit.
4. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
1. Observes departmental standards for own conduct
2. Manages own work effectively
3. Manages customer relationships
4. Communicates clearly and effectively
5. Contributes to the effective use of resources
6. Manages relationships with others in the team, including your manager
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Normal office environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in General Studies, Business Administration or a related area Three (3) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of postal operations and regulations
- Good knowledge of sales and marketing techniques
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player