Submitted by SGibbs on 18 November 2019 - 2:59pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 6 of 2019
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Perform clerical and data entry functions.
- Updates and maintains information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
- Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
- Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software application
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Monday, 2 December 2019