Submitted by SGibbs on 29 January 2021 - 4:30pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 12 of 2021
1. Receive and record disputes, complaints or questions filed by employees and employers and ensure that followup occurs to resolve the matter.
2. Conduct investigations, including inspections at the workplaces or job sites, when necessary, for better understanding of the case.
3. Communicate with both disputing parties to avoid misunderstandings of the issues.
4. Mediate the dispute by keeping communications opened, between both parties, to reach a voluntary settlement.
5. Initiate further steps, as needed, to promote a settlement as may be set out in any Law, agreement, or administrative directives including transmiting unsettled disputes to the Labour Commissioner.
6. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
7. Prepare relevant reports on the activities of the assigned area.
8. Maintain records relevant to the unit and ensure that filing is kept up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
9. Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures, as needed, for the improvement of the Dispute Unit.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Human Resources or related field
• Three (3) years working experience in mediation negotiation, conflict resolution and counselling
• Valid BVI driver’s license
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
• Excellent interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Excellent negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills
• Sound organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 12 March 2021