The successful applicant will develop and implement a national gender policy efficiently to support the unit in achieving its objectives within the territory through programmes and projects aimed at affecting gender equity and equality.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through administration of daily operations and supervision of assigned staff.
- Develop and implement policies and programs that promote gender equality and equity.
- Promote the integration of a gender perspective into the mainstream activities of Government at the policy, programme and project levels.
- Design and deliver appropriate training to sensitise all levels of the public service and wider community on gender issues to ensure equal opportunities.
- Coordinate the activities of groups, which represent various aspects of Gender Affairs in the Territory to ensure continual flow of information and communication.
- Organise and facilitate education programs and projects for women’s political and economic empowerment, the men’s role within the family and to address issues of specific interest to men.
- Liaise with external funding agencies for obtaining financing for specific programmes to ensure funding.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women and other human rights instruments as they relate to gender to ensure the on-going work and progress of women’s health and development.
- Promote the legal framework to support and enhance the welfare of women and children.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the immediate supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related area
- Certificate course in Gender Studies
- Five (5) to seven (7) years practical experience in programme development or related field
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the relevant policies, regulations and laws
- Expert knowledge in general analysis
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound leadership and managerial skills