Submitted by SGibbs on 8 June 2018 - 3:24pm
The successful applicant will inspect the necessary establishments and imports and enforce public health legislation in order to protect the health of the population.
- Inspect and collect samples from all necessary establishments and imports to ensure that public health standards are maintained according to regulations.
- Advise and educate on environmental health issues to ensure compliance with regulations and the health and safety of others.
- Enforce Public Health and any other relevant laws and regulations.
- Provides training on safe food handling and preventive health practices to persons operating in the food business industry to reduce the incidences of food borne-illness.
- Carries out inspection of proposed food premises to verify that they meet public health requirements to facilitate compliance with safety regulations.
- Conducts condemnation of foods at food establishments and coordinate or oversees the transportation and final disposal/ destruction of the condemned foods at dump site where quantities warrant disposal at the site to reduce the incidences of food borne illnesses.
- Investigates nuisance complaints received from the public between 24 hours or 3 days, revisiting complaints when necessary to address concerns that threaten the safety of public health.
- Inspects all food establishments within your assigned district twice per year to ensure compliance with the required standards and regulations.
- Collects water samples from cisterns of schools, day care centres, pre-schools, water bottling plants, and other institutions on a quarterly basis to facilitate the analysis of samples at the laboratory.
- Co-ordinates the dissemination of health information and organization of health promotion presentation to institutions to increase public awareness of environmental health concerns.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.