The successful applicant will assist the Director in planning, organising and directing the activities matters in the area of organisational development and workforce planning and learning and development, and ensure strategic outputs are executed according to established procedures and guidelines, in order to ensure a consistent, efficient and effective approach to Human Resources across all Ministries and Departments.
- Assist the Director with planning, developing, managing and implementing Government projects in order to contribute to the effective management of the department.
- Assist with the management of the Department’s units to ensure that work is carried out in a timely manner, as well as monitoring the efficient use of resources and supervise assigned staff.
- Participate in developing department goals and objectives, and prepare evaluating reports and systems on effectiveness. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to promote the department’s continual improvement and industry alignment.
- Recommend budget items and develop programmes to ensure units operate effectively.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on projects supervised by the Department to provide substantive data measuring performance against indicators.
- Prepare professional and timely correspondence, Cabinet papers, and other reports as required, ensuring consistency and accuracy of data.
- Assist with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Report and Budget Estimates.
- Preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Reports for designated staff.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of people strategies and policies to ensure that they reflect the employment law and the Public Service values and objectives.
- Anticipate and solve complex Human Resources matters.
- Classify positions; conduct job analyses to identify important job duties, necessary qualifications, and other information about positions. Classify and evaluate positions to determine proper job class and salary grade. Write specifications for jobs.
- Provide technical advice on human resources matters, policies and procedures to Ministries – line managers and department heads. Produce articles, handbooks, manuals, and other publications on human resources topics.
- Advise and assist with the development and implementation of a Career and Succession Planning programme with Ministries and Departments to ensure sustainability and continuity of quality of service.
- Design, develop and implement strategic and competency based learning and workforce plans, in collaboration with Ministries and Departments to aid in the professional development of officers and services.
- Oversee the development and execution of skills-analysis to forecast service-wide learning and development needs.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant.
- Lead, advise, coordinate and communicate organisational improvement/change efforts and partner with others to develop and embed workforce plans and structures to support improvements.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Deputise in the absence of the Director of Human Resources.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration / Management or related field
- Certification in Human Resources Management
- Five (5) years’ working experience and at least three (3) years in a management capacity
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure