Submitted by SGibbs on 7 September 2021 - 2:53pm
Internal Position No.:
30 of 2021
The successful applicant will assist with the management of the Department and Public Relation campaigns to ensure departmental goals and objectives are met in a timely and professional manner.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Department and supervision of assigned staff.
2. Perform the human resources functions of the Department.
3. Assist the Chief Information Officer in advising on best practices to ensure that public relations campaigns are implemented and executed professionally.
4. Design and deliver Public Relations campaigns and activities in support of the Department’s mission and subjects.
5. Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role
6. Prepare relevant reports on activities of the assigned area.
7. Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
8. Deputise in the absence of the Chief Information Officer.
9. Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a related area
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of relevant regulations, laws and policies
Sound knowledge of Mass and Media Communications
Sound knowledge of the use of computer equipment and relevant computer applications
Sound knowledge of all media equipment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
Excellent supervisory and management skills
Tuesday, 21 September 2021