The successful applicant will plans, develops, implements and manages all functions of the Environmental Health Division and promotes sustainability of healthy environmental standards throughout the Territory.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the division and supervision of assigned staff.
- Coordinate and direct the Environmental Health activities in order to reduce environmental health risk throughout the Territory.
- Develop policies, guidelines, propose legislation and plan for sustainability and enhancement programmes to ensure the enforcement of the Public Health Act and Public Health Regulations.
- Liaise with other government departments, private sector as well as special interest and community groups to facilitate effective environmental health information dissemination.
- Serve on boards as required and represent the Government at meetings and conferences in order to development contacts with other agencies and bodies that will be of benefit to National Environmental Health Programme.
- Perform inspections and identify environmental risk factors in environmental health programme areas to ensure that residential, public and commercial establishments meet the required standards and mitigate and minimize hazards.
- Assist and give direction on the formulation and implementation of strategies to ensure successful education and public awareness on Environmental Health issues.
- Prepare and manage the Division’s Annual Budget.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the Environmental Health Programme.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the division.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Health or a related area
- Certificate/Diploma in Public Administration or Management
- Five (5) to seven (7) years working experience in the environmental health field
- Valid BVI Driver’s license
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Sound knowledge of epidemiology
- Excellent knowledge of project management methods
- Expert knowledge in Environmental Health
- Sound knowledge of programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Sound knowledge of the use of computer equipment and relevant computer applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills