The successful applicant will prepare detailed drawings and sketches and develop presentation drawings for various construction projects, utilising computer programs (AutoCAD) assist with the supervision of the section and training of junior staff to ensure the Department meets its objectives in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with supervising projects/contracts during the construction phase in accordance with established procedures to ensure efficient use of resources and compliance with building regulations.
- Assist with conducting site surveys and interpreting collected field information.
- Prepare the design for buildings and other projects.
- Ensure requests made for drawings, presentations and / or data are completed on time in accordance with established procedures to support building work of the department.
- Draft plans and maps for architects and engineers in accordance with established procedures to support building work of the department.
- Maintain records relevant to the unit and also keep information up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Prepare estimates of cost or proposed construction of building projects and draft petty contracts as assigned to ensure correct quotes are provided to customers of the department.
- Assist with the coordination of meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of policies and procedures.
- Develop presentation drawings for design projects as well as draft plans and maps for architects and engineers to assist them in their design and planning duties.
- Direct investigations into the draughting feasibility of projects and assist in site surveys and interpretation of field information in order to achieve effective research for the department.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any Senior Officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Diploma/Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Draughting and Design or equivalent, GIS, Surveying or related field
- One (1) to Three (3) years in a draughtsman or similar position in a computerized environment utilising GIS and CAD Software
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Architecture and basic surveying skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
- Sound knowledge of reading detailed construction documents
- Good knowledge in fundamentals of draughting
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Sound knowledge of computers (Hardware & Software)
- Sound knowledge of Surveying, Survey Data and Computation and Land Registration Principles
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, GIS and related software
- Ability to read Cadastral Maps and Plans
- Sound computer and numeracy skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound time management and organisational skills