Submitted by SheHodge on 26 February 2016 - 10:23am
Internal Position No.:
19 of 2016
The successful applicant will perform office and field audits of selected taxpayers’ accounts and provides information to taxpayers to facilitate tax compliance.
- Assist in planning and performing relevant audits.
- Perform detailed audit work on government revenue and expenditure in accordance with the determined audit programme to ensure all objectives are met.
- Conduct periodic inspections, as well as special and unplanned audit investigations which arise during the course of the year, to ensure an element of unpredictability is retained through the audit process.
- Prepare draft management reports for audits performed to ensure all findings are adequately documented.
- Perform office and field audits of tax accounts of individuals and enterprises to ensure tax compliance and identify any outstanding amounts due to Government.
- Provide information to taxpayers in order to foster voluntary compliance and improve understanding of tax law, regulations and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in accounting or auditing
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound management and supervisory skills
- Sound organisational and interpersonal skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
Friday, 11 March 2016