Submitted by SGibbs on 2 March 2021 - 2:18pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 20 of 2021
1. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
2. Conduct research and prepare periodic reports to the department for management purposes.
3. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
4. Maintain records and inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
5. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
6. Collect, classify, code and manipulate raw data to complete assigned tasks in a timely and competent manner.
7. Assist with preparation of statistical reports, publications and requests for statistical data to support the work of the unit.
8. Organise and coordinate travel, seminars, conferences, meetings and events; attend, record and report minutes as required.
9. Manage case files and develop and maintain the court calendar.
10. Assist counsel in the processing of letters of request for legal assistance and letters under the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) in criminal matters.
11. Manage databases for outgoing requests for legal assistance and MLAT in criminal matters and statistical databases.
12. Maintain court files and follow-ups with counsel to ensure the return of all files.
13. Perform legal research and follow proper procedures in a timely and professional manner.
14. Conduct computer-assisted legal research and prepare roster for the vetting of complaints as directed by the Principal Crown Counsel.
15. Locate and maintain contact with local witnesses.
16. Maintain the reference centre / library to ensure this operates efficiently.
17. Prepare disclosure letter and bundles for counsel.
18. Liaise with RVIPF to have all follow-up activities complied with in a timely manner.
19. Provide full administrative support to the Ministry/Department.
20. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
• Three (3) years working experience
• Ability to successfully pass police screening
• Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality and demonstrate values and principles of integrity
• Basic knowledge of computer programs used for analysing datasets i.e. Microsoft Access, Excel
• Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Ability to develop and enhance the use of the Case Management System
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good analytical and decision-making skills
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Tuesday, 16 March 2021