The successful applicant will perform and to assist with daily accounting and administrative functions to ensure that departmental accounting and fiscal records are kept and maintained accurately, and that functions are performed in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Ensures diligent performance of accounting functions to ensure that accurate records are kept.
- Prepares purchase orders and vouchers within a specified timeframe to ensure that internal records for expenses are accurately kept and orders are made.
- Reconciles invoices and bills to purchase orders before payment so that accurate payments are made.
- Records all accounting transactions in the vote book.
- Assists with the drafting of the annual budget.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial statements for the Accounting Officer.
- Prepares and processes the relevant forms and paperwork to complete related financial accounting processes.
- Drafts and types correspondence and reports.
- Researches, analyses and prepares reports.
- Assists with maintaining inventory levels.
- Liaises with other relevant departments and vendors.
- Maintains records relevant to the specific department and keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Performs any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) year working experience in a related area
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of accountancy principles and procedures
- Good knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Good knowledge of computer programmes used for analysis and databases
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills