Tortola, Virgin Islands (British) VG1120
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is a Department under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth Affairs, Fisheries and Agriculture of the Government of the Virgin Islands.
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is responsible for ensuring food is safe, nutritionally sound, produced and harvested in an environmentally sustainable manner that builds resilience to internal and external shocks while contributing to the economic growth, social well-being and protection of the natural environment.
To be the key agency in the Virgin Islands for sustainable food security.
To ensure sustainable production, harvest and supply of safe, high quality food by regulating the agricultural and fisheries sectors.
We share the ethical values of the Virgin Islands Public Service, and pledge to be:
- Committed - Striving to give our best to every task.
- Responsive - Responding effectively to the needs of our clients.
- Supportive - Upholding all that is valid or right, giving emotional and moral support to clients and staff.
- Respectful - Showing courtesy, consideration, and deference for our clients’ requests.
- Open - Being accessible to all clients and staff.
- Diligent - Serving our clients with professionalism in a practical, conscientious, rigorous, and timely manner.
- Honest - Behaving ethically with integrity, loyalty and candour.
List of Services
List of Forms
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Speargun Fishing Is Strictly Prohibited||
25 May 2020 - 10:39am
|Registration Ends May 1 For Backyard Garden Competition||
29 Apr 2020 - 3:44pm
|Local Seafood Available For Purchase||
24 Apr 2020 - 10:35pm
|Fresh Seafood Available For Delivery||
24 Apr 2020 - 5:01pm
|Approved Fishers Permitted To Fish And Sell||
21 Apr 2020 - 7:46am
|Commercial Fishers And Farmers To Ensure Business Is Regularised||
17 Apr 2020 - 7:38pm
|Backyard Garden Competition To Enhance Network Of Farmers||
17 Apr 2020 - 3:49pm
|Rapid Response Fishing And Farming Programme Launched||
25 Mar 2020 - 4:18pm
|Abattoir To Close March 26||
23 Mar 2020 - 2:49pm
|Statement By Dr. The Honourable Natalio D. Wheatley On Economic Stimulus For Fishers And Farmers In Response To COVID-19||
20 Mar 2020 - 6:52pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, see below for contact information:
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
General Office - Paraquita Bay and Virgin Gorda - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Abattoir - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Airport - 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
General Office (Paraquita Bay) - 1(284) 468-6123/6124
Veterinary Unit - 1 (284) 468 - 6197
Virgin Gorda Office - 1(284) 468-6506/6507
Airport Office - 1(284) 468-6449