There are several advantages, 10 of them are:

  • Registry is a member of the Red Ensign Group. Ships flying the Flag are entitled to British Diplomatic / Consular support and Royal Navy Protection. In addition to its own full survey and certification resources in-house, BVI has access to the range of technical expertise of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
  • Registered ownership is permitted to citizens of and, companies registered in BVI, UK and all BritishTerritories. Likewise, those of the EU, CARICOM & OECS are eligible for registration as Owners of Virgin Islands Ships. Other nationals (individuals and/or company) permitted to own minority interest in Virgin Islands ship.
  • Low Initial Registration & Annual Maintenance fees.
  • Registry is specialized in Yacht registration and Certificates are recognized worldwide.
  • Facilitates simple yet secure registration of ship, mortgages, discharge of mortgages, change/transfer of ownership and other proprietary interests and services.
  • Full corporate, legal, telecommunications and courier services readily available in BVI.
  • Political and social stability in BVI and British Judicial System.
  • BVI is the Yachting Mecca of the Caribbean, equipped with modern state-of-the -art facilities, berths, accommodation, supplies and services.
  • Prompt, courteous and efficient service. Fully computerized Fleet Management System and Database.
  • BVI is recognized worldwide as a reputable offshore financial centre, leading the world in company formation and related corporate services.


The current schedule of all the fees and charges connected with registration in BVI as well as other administrative services are obtainable from the Registry.

Loans shall be granted at a preferential fixed interest rate of five percent (5%) for the first year. thereafter, Prime + one and three quarter percentage points, with a floor rate of five percent (5%)

Mailing address:    

Government of the Virgin Islands  
Central Administration Complex   
#33 Administration Drive
Road Town, Tortola, VG 1110

Physical Location:

Between the Cruise Pier and Maria’s Hotel by the Sea, (near Waterfront Drive) across from Banco from Banco Popular

The National Business Bureau is an entity within the Department of Trade and Consumer Affairs, which was established specifically for the development of the MSME sector.  

Telephone: 011-852-3468-8533

Fax:  011-852-3107 0019

Physical Address:

Suite 5106., 51/F., Central Plaza
18 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong



Telephone No.: 011-44-207-355-9570

Fax: 011-44-207-355-9575


15 Upper Grossvenor Street

London, W1K 7PJ


  • Register in good time.
  • Always apply for registration well before you intend to sail.
  • If a commercial vessel is involved ensure appropriate safety certificates are available and vessel surveyed by or on behalf of VISR before registration.
  • Ensure that you have completed the necessary documentation properly and paid the correct fee.


The Hotel Aid (Amendment) Act, 2005 provides the list of eligible items in the First Schedule to the Ordinance.