- Interior building works/ renovations.
- Infrastructure and utilities works by the Government.
- Agriculture and foretry activities.
- Gates, fences, walls or any other means of enclosure not exceeding four feet along the sea or a road and six feet in all other cases.
- Minor enlargements to existing dwelling houses (not exceeding one tenth of square footage of ground floor)
Pioneer Status refers to the status conferred on an individual or business when they have been declared a pioneer investor to engage in a pioneer enterprise or service by Cabinet under the Pioneer Services and Enterprises Ordinance (Cap 297).
The Pioneer Services and Enterprises Ordinance (Cap 297) was instituted to encourage investment in various sectors of enterprises and services to enhance the development of the Virgin Islands by providing tax and customs duty relief.
Pioneer status may be granted to pioneer investors to carry out a pioneer enterprise or service listed in the First Schedule to the Pioneer Services and Enterprises Ordinance allowing them to import into the Territory qualified materials free of customs duty for a period of up to ten years commencing on the date on which they have been declared to be a pioneer investor.
Pioneer investors can seek relief from Customs duties on articles being imported for the construction, alteration, reconstruction, extension or equipping of the pioneer works in relation to their pioneer service or enterprise. Duty will be applied to articles being imported if the Financial Secretary is of opinion that such articles are intended for the purpose of effecting repairs or replacing items in relation to the pioneer service or enterprise.
- Appointment of Authorized Officer
- Appointment of Representative Person
- Declaration of Eligibility
- Original Bill(s) of Sale
- Certificate of Incorporation (if company)
- Certificate of Good Standing (if the company more than one year old)
- Statutory fee (see list obtainable from Registry)
There are several advantages, 10 of them are:
- Registry is a member of the Red Ensign Group. Ships flying the Flag are entitled to British Diplomatic / Consular support and Royal Navy Protection. In addition to its own full survey and certification resources in-house, BVI has access to the range of technical expertise of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
- Registered ownership is permitted to citizens of and, companies registered in BVI, UK and all BritishTerritories. Likewise, those of the EU, CARICOM & OECS are eligible for registration as Owners of Virgin Islands Ships. Other nationals (individuals and/or company) permitted to own minority interest in Virgin Islands ship.
- Low Initial Registration & Annual Maintenance fees.
- Registry is specialized in Yacht registration and Certificates are recognized worldwide.
- Facilitates simple yet secure registration of ship, mortgages, discharge of mortgages, change/transfer of ownership and other proprietary interests and services.
- Full corporate, legal, telecommunications and courier services readily available in BVI.
- Political and social stability in BVI and British Judicial System.
- BVI is the Yachting Mecca of the Caribbean, equipped with modern state-of-the -art facilities, berths, accommodation, supplies and services.
- Prompt, courteous and efficient service. Fully computerized Fleet Management System and Database.
- BVI is recognized worldwide as a reputable offshore financial centre, leading the world in company formation and related corporate services.
The current schedule of all the fees and charges connected with registration in BVI as well as other administrative services are obtainable from the Registry.
Loans shall be granted at a preferential fixed interest rate of five percent (5%) for the first year. thereafter, Prime + one and three quarter percentage points, with a floor rate of five percent (5%)
Government of the Virgin Islands
Central Administration Complex
#33 Administration Drive
Road Town, Tortola, VG 1110
Between the Cruise Pier and Maria’s Hotel by the Sea, (near Waterfront Drive) across from Banco from Banco Popular
The National Business Bureau is an entity within the Department of Trade and Consumer Affairs, which was established specifically for the development of the MSME sector.