For a project developmet, you would need to submit three copies of the completed form along with three sets of drawnings containing:

  • A local Plan
  • A Site Plan
  • All floor Plans
  • Two Elevations
  • One Section
  • Details and specifications of septic or sewage system.

Proof of ownership or consent of property owners must also be provided.

The Hotel Aid (Amendment) Act, 2005 defines hotel as: “any building or group of buildings (including all structures appurtenant thereto or within the cartilage thereof) used or intended to be used for the accommodation of guests for gain or reward and containing, or intended to contain when complete, not less than three bedrooms for the accommodation of such guests.”

Development means that carrying out of building, engineering, mining or any other earth moving operations in, on, over or under our land. The making of material change in the use of a building or other land, the subdivision of land and the display of advertisements on any part of a building or land.

Hotel Aid refers to the benefits derived from a piece of incentive legislation for the hotel accommodations sector known as the Hotel Aid Ordinance (Cap 290) which enables qualified applicants to obtain a licence permitting them to import eligible items for the construction, equipping, extension or renovation of a hotel property, free of import duties.


  • A Certificate of Survey confirming the change, with the fee for a new Certificate of Registry (Blue Book)


  • Application to change the name, giving 3 names in order of priority      
  • Letter from the Mortgagee confirming ‘no objection’ to change of name.
  • Fee to change the name and issue new Certificate of Registry.

If the owner intends to change the operation (use) of vessel, e.g. from "pleasure" to "commercial", a Certificate of Compliance issued under the rules of the respective Code of Practice, or other regulation must be submitted, with the fee for the new Certificate of Registry

  • An original Certificate of Survey issued by one of the approved classification societies or organizations
  • Payment of the fee for new Certificate of Registry (Blue Book)


  •  Application to register
  • Declaration of Eligibility / Ownership
  • Original Documents of Title/Ownership - Builder's Certificate/ Bills of Sale.
  • Certificate of Survey and Tonnage Measurement issued by one of our Classification Societies. If the vessel is 24 metres or over in Load Line Length an International Tonnage Certificate (ITC69) is required
  • Certificate of Incorporation (if a company is applying)
  • Initial Registration fee: (Available on request, from Registry)
  • If the ship is coming off a foreign register the deletion certificate which must also indicate the last owner of record.
  • If ship coming off a Red Ensign Register the Closed Transcript and copy of original Certificate of Survey/Tonnage Certificate
  • Any documents that are used to support an application and are in a foreign Language must be accompanied by a notarized translation into English language and it must be certified as correct by a notary public
  •  All applications must be accompanied with the appropriate fee. We can supply all the necessary forms at the Registry. When you apply to register your vessel, please provide a list of proposed names in order of preference. A list of fees and charges for registration are also available at the Registry.
  • In the case of vessels whose beneficial owners do not reside in the BVI, a local Representative Person (RP) must be appointed. This appointee may be either a Body Corporate or an individual.