Public Health Communications Specialist
Ministry of Health/Social Development
The Department of Waste Management is seeking the services of a company to collect recyclable materials that are plastic and aluminum on the island of Tortola.
Contract requirements include the emptying of 40 community recycling bins in Tortola three days per week for a period of four months.
Director, Mr. Marcus Solomon said the objective is to keep the bins clear and tidy to encourage public participation in the ‘We Recycle Programme’.
The Scope of Works Include:
• Clear plastics and aluminums from community recycling drop-off bins
• Locations span entire island of Tortola
• Manual clearing of bins and consolidation of recyclables in large shipping bags as well as the lining of bins with bags for ease of collection
• Compliance with data entry requirements must be met (volumes of recyclables collected and contamination rates)
• Deliver plastic and aluminum to the We Recycle Centre (currently Paraquita Bay)
• Compliance with the agreed Monthly Fixed Fee Structure (based on calendar month)
• Recommended Standard Collection Days are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Interested Companies are asked to submit their bids in a sealed envelope with the name of the company and referenced, “Tortola Recycling Materials Collection”.
The following documents should be enclosed.
• Quotation of monthly fee for work
• Certificate of good standing from the Inland Revenue Department, Social Security Board and the National Health Insurance
• Valid Trade License 2023
• Proof of ownership of equipment or access to it (pictures, insurance, registration, etc.)
• Two letters of referrals
All bids will be evaluated based on price, equipment and experience. Please note that all documents must be included for consideration. The deadline for submission of the quotation is Monday October 2, 2023, at 12:00 noon.
All quotations must be hand-delivered to the Department of Waste Management Office on the second floor of the Union Property Building next to Happy Lion Restaurant. For additional queries, contact Waste Management Officer, Mr. Neville Allen at 284-468-4934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.