Information Officer II
Department of Information & Public Relations
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth Affairs, Fisheries and Agriculture has created guidelines for principals, teachers, parents and students for online learning.
The guideline brochure includes instructions for teachers to make lessons more enjoyable and urges parents to be more accountable for students’ learning at home.
A few guidelines for students include the following:
· Use Google Classroom, Class Dojo, WhatsApp, etc. to communicate.
· Establish a daily routine to support your learning.
· If you experience any technical problems or have any questions please contact your principal.
A few guidelines for parents include the following:
· Ensure your children are dressed appropriately when using video tools.
· Help your child develop productive daily routines to meet his/her timetable.
· Create opportunities for your child to interact with peers to maintain connections with their school community.
A few guidelines for teachers include the following:
· Identify clear learning objectives and assessment outcomes.
· Use the grade levels’ folder for teachers on Google drive.
· Establish online classroom rules at the outset.
· Have a central place where everything will be posted to students and parents – Class Dojo, Google Classroom, PowerSchool etc.
· Provide reflection and timely feedback in the process of posting student learning on Google Classroom, Class Dojo.
A few guidelines for principals include the following:
· Maintain regular communication about successes and challenges with Liaison Officers/Chief Education Officer.
· Attend all scheduled meetings for principals.
· Check-up on students who have not participated in online activities.
· Connect with parents regularly.
NOTES: See attached to view the full Guidelines for Online Learning Brochure
- PDF: Guidelines for Online Learning Brochure
- 2 Photos of Guidelines for Online Learning Brochure