Information Officer II
Department of Information & Public Relations
Farmers and fishers residing on Tortola are notified that the Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth Affairs, Fisheries and Agriculture meeting to be held in collaboration with the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries will now be held on Monday, January 18, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., under the tent at the Main Campus of the Elmore Stoutt High School, Lower Estate.
Topics to be discussed include:
1. Fishing Cooperatives and Farmers Associations;
2. Fishers and Farmers Stimulus Packages;
3. Fishing and Farming for Food Security;
4. Paraquita Bay Restructure and Development Plan; and the
5. 2021 Agricultural and Fisherfolk Exhibition.
Deputy Premier and Minister for Fisheries and Agriculture, Dr. the Honourable Natalio D. Wheatley; Director of Agriculture and Fisheries, Mr. Theodore E. James and other ministry and department officials will be in attendance. All stakeholders are encouraged to attend, wear masks and adhere to all safety measures.
Meetings for the Sister Islands will be announced in the coming days.