The Department of Agriculture is encouraging all parents and children of elementary schools in the Virgin Islands to participate in the Territory’s annual Farmer’s Week Poster Competition. Entries should be inspired by and reflect ideas that are derived from the theme; "Youth in Agriculture - a Must! Food Security and Cultural Sustainability – a Plus!" The deadline for submission of entries is slated for Thursday, January 29.
Winners will be selected from three categories;
- Stages 1 and 2,
- Classes 1 and 2, and
- Classes 3, 4 and 5.
- Only students are eligible for participation;
- Students may only submit one entry at a time;
- Entries must be submitted on letter size (or 8.5” x 11”) paper;
- Poster entries may or may not include text;
- All artwork must be original
The winners will be announced during Farmers’ Week 2015 Opening ceremony and the winning entries will be featured in the Farmers’ Week booklet. For additional information or guidelines persons are encouraged to call the department at 468-6123. The public is asked to show full support and participation.