Information Officer II
Department of Information and Public Relations (GIS)
Premier's OfficeRelease Date:
Thursday, 16 March 2023 - 1:22pm
The public is advised that the revised dates for Farmers and Fishers’ week 2023, are 18th to 23rd March under the theme, “Building the Third Pillar of the Economy”.
There are several planned activities for 18th March on the Farm Grounds, Paraquita Bay on Tortola including:
- The opening ceremony at 10:00 a.m.
- Panel discussion
- Farmers and Fishers’ Exhibition and Market Day
- Farmers and Fishers’ Exhibition and Market Day on 20th March on Jost Van Dyke from 10:00 a.m.
- Farmers and Fishers’ Exhibition and Market Day on 21st March on Virgin Gorda from 10:00 a.m.
- Chicken Coup Installation in Anegada at the Claudia Creque Educatioal Centre on 22nd March at 10:00 a.m.
Residents are encouraged to come out in numbers and support our local farmers and fishers during the week dedicated to recognising their contributions to the Territory.