To search the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), enter your search terms or questions in the box above.
Employees may select up to three checking or savings accounts to divide their pay through Direct Deposit.
No. When participating in Direct Deposit, the full net pay amount must be made through Direct Deposit.

Answer:  No.  A puppy must be nine months or older.

No, we cannot issue a belongers card in a name you have not legally acquired. The name you enter on your application, should match your birth, baptismal or marriage certificate and deed poll if applicable. If it does not, it could delay your application.

No.  You are required by law to apply for an import permit from the Department of Agriculture in the BVI prior to importing a plant or fruit into the BVI.  This is the requirement for importing all agricultural commodities into the territory from all countries.  It is also a must that the country from which the plant is being imported issue a phytosanitary Certificate indicating the origin of the plants/fruits and the disease status of the plants/fruits.  Please take note that this does not guarantee entry of the commodity or consignment.  The consignment must meet the requirement set out in the conditions of the import permit.

No.  You must have a separate kitchen from the existing residence, designed to the specification of the Environmental Health Division.

Yes, orders for 10 lbs or more can be placed with the staff and are filled based upon availability.

Yes.  If persons wish to state their names they can do so.

Persons attaining the age of 18 are required to have their own Entry permit. If there is a physical ailment or other mobile incapacity, one will need to make a request to the Chief Immigration Officer in writing, to continue to reside in the territory.

No...They will have access to a phone to ring you.

Yes, However it is preferred that you submit your application electronically.Submitting paper applications may delay the processing of your application. Online applications will be forwarded to the hiring departments more promptly.

No. MSIRA reports may not be used in any proceedings where the purpose, or one of the purposes, is to apportion blame or liability

No. To start a food business you are required to apply for a trade licence from the Department of Trade and Consumer Affairs and to also seek registration and licencing of that business with the Environmental Health Division before beginning operation of the business.

The Facilities Management Unit will only approve government-related activities and events to be held at the Complex or on the compound. Government agencies that are not located in the Complex and non-profit organizations can write to the Facilities Manager requesting permission to use the compound at least two weeks in advance. The Facilities Manager must also be notified in writing of all events, meetings, or visitation by schools and other entities in advance.

No!  Food handlers' nails must be short (meaning you cannot see the nail over the fingertips) and clean.  Long nails hold bacteria and dirt which can contaminate food.

No.  Any effort by an employer to offer terms and conditions that are less favourable than those of the Code is not legal.  Your employer may offer you better conditions than those of the Code where it is fair to do so.


No. Any work in excess of the normal hours, that is maximum of eight hours, will earn overtime pay. Thus, the employer will be required to pay the worker overtime for the extra hour worked on Mondays to Thursdays.

NO, the Loan Programme is a National Programme created to assist Virgin Islander or Belonger owned businesses that require access to financial assistance.

Yes.  This is an exception in some instances.  However, where the person will be permanently employed, they must acquire a food handler's certificate from the Environmental Health Division.

Members of the public often make requests for special services.

The Department of Information and Public Relations also provides many of its services to the public through assisting other Government bodies under three main areas;

  • Publication and Print Production
  • Broadcast Production
  • Public Relations, Advertising and Promotion

Please contact the Department if you have a special request.

Information provided to the Tribunal, including personal information, except as it relates to any complaint, reply, response or evidence ­led with the Tribunal, may be subject to publication or release to other parties or to disclosure in accordance with the access to information regime required by section 23(2) of the Virgin Islands Constitution Order 2007.

While the Virgin Islands has no equivalent to the UK’s Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and Environmental Information Regulations 2004, the constitutional guaranteed right of access to information will be protected by the Labour Arbitration Tribunal wherever appropriate. If you want any information to be treated as confi­dential, including personal data that you provide to the Tribunal outside of a case before the Tribunal, please explain to the Tribunal why you regard the information you have provided as confidential. An automatic confi­dentiality disclaimer generated by your IT system will not, of itself, be regarded as binding on the Tribunal.

Yes, you have a right to know why your application has been denied