Submitted by SGibbs on 3 January 2019 - 11:38am
Internal Position No.:
MCW 1 of 2019
The successful applicant will ensure all calls to the Government of the Virgin Islands are answered in a polite manner and transferred to the appropriate department.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Test lines and report faults to the Executive Officer or designated officer.
- Maintain and update records (including directories).
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- One (1) year working experience
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Basic knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Sound telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to deal with difficult customers in a calm and professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Thursday, 17 January 2019