The successful applicant will provide professional and executive support in the administration of the departments programmes, and to support the department’s management team in the delivery of efficient and effective services
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Schedule and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required.
- Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data. 6. Provide research support as required.
- Assist with the management of records within the Civil Registry & Passport Office, in accordance with the government’s records policy and guidelines.
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of genealogy services to ensure the accessibility of genealogical data.
- Assist with training the department’s team on the records management procedures and protocols to ensure the proper management of the department information and records.
- Assist with the screening and processing of applications to ensure that applicants and sponsors are interviewed where necessary and identifying applications to be forwarded to the Compliance and Fraud Unit, for further review.
- Assist the Visa Unit by liaising with various High Commissions and Embassies, on all matters relating to visas to ensure the accurate and timely processing of visa applications.
- Assist with the maintenance of visa records on the Civil Registry Information System (CIRS) to ensure the accurate maintenance of information and data.
- Assist with the preparation of daily and monthly reports for the submission to the Registrar General.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Management or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in a related area
- Typing speed 45-55 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure