The successful applicant will provide professional and executive support to management in an efficient and effective manner for office related matters.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Schedule and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required.
- Draft, type and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Assist/Provide research support as required.
- Provide assistance to the Supervisor of Elections and carry out duties in accordance with the election laws to include:
a. preparing for and conduct electoral exercise
b. prepare, vet and finalize the Register Voters
c. keep custody of and distribute all forms and preliminary voters list to members of the public
d. ensure all materials for polling day are available for distribution
e. selection of suitable candidates for presiding officers and poll clerks and assist with their training
f. ensure all outlets have a supply of registration forms and receive completed applications and process them
8. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field
- Three (3) years working experience in a related area
- Typing speed 45-55 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure