Submitted by SGibbs on 10 June 2021 - 4:12pm
Internal Position No.:
MTWU 1 of 2021
The successful applicant will protect the occupants/visitors and property of the Government in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
1. Ensure that all windows and doors are closed upon securing the premises to ensure access by unauthorized person(s) is prevented and that security is maintained at all times.
2. Check, patrol and report any damage noticed or maintenance required within the building, and any other designated areas, to the Supervisor so that appropriate action may be taken to address any abnormalities.
3. Ensure that lights and air condition units are turned on/off upon entering/exiting the building to ensure that he relevant policies and procedures are followed.
4. Secure the designated office(s)/building(s) at the end of the working day to ensure that correct policies and procedures are being followed to maintain security at all times.
5. Monitor the camera system, record and report any situations that appear abnormal to ensure that appropriate action may be considered to maintain the security of the Complex.
6. Assist with parking and ensure that drivers are parked legally so that the parking lot is kept in order and in line with the relevant policies and procedures.
7. Monitor all persons who enter the building ensuring that unauthorized persons are not allowed entrance.
8. Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing reports and assist with the booking of conference rooms.
9. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
High School Certificate or equivalent
Three (3) year experience in security operations or related area
Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Basic knowledge of security and an understanding of the laws of trespass, assault and personal property
Physically fit and capable of adequately dealing with emergencies
Good time management skills
Good oral and written communication skills
Good organisational and interpersonal skills
Thursday, 24 June 2021