Submitted by SGibbs on 31 July 2020 - 3:14pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 25 of 2020
1. Edit transcripts with Audio/Wave file and stenotype notes when required.
2. Generate/type all necessary correspondence, including reports, letters and brochures to support officers in performing their jobs appropriately.
3. Research cited cases at High Court or Attorney General’s Office to support Court proceedings.
4. Track office supplies to ensure appropriate levels are available to provide a well-functioning work environment.
5. Assist Reporters in copying, editing, printing, binding, proofreading, billing and delivery of transcripts.
6. Liaise with Judges’ Judicial Assistants and DPP’s Office with regards to transcript preparation and delivery to ensure an adequate and efficient coordination and flow of information.
7. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
Skills and Competencies
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Certified Scopist Certificate from NCRA Accredited School
• One (1) year related experience in a related area
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of Court procedures and transcript production
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good typing skills
• Sound knowledge of the use of Computer Aided Transcription (CAT) software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proper spelling, punctuation, grammar of the English language and proof reading skills
• Sound interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 14 August 2020