Submitted by ACorbin on 8 November 2016 - 9:51am
Internal Position No.:
89 of 2016
The successful applicant will monitor and maintain source codes and modify programmes for the AS/400 and Windows Systems.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the unit and supervision of the assigned staff.
- Serve as liaison with external vendors in support of application and database enhancements, modifications, data exchange or application retirement.
- Work with internal stakeholders to analyse business requirements, develop system functional requirements to support the organisation’s initiatives.
- Facilitate discussions related to the department’s core business applications, while participating as the lead internal technology expert on subject matters covering all areas relevant to the particular department’s business.
- Work in consultation with internal stakeholders and/or partners to conduct data imports or data exports required to support related technology initiatives.
- Assist in aligning current and new application or database initiatives and related data with the government’s business objectives and goals.
- Perform routine database administration and maintenance on core business applications.
- Monitor, debug and fix database and application problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor database resource usage and provide recommendations for resource optimisation/utilisation, where appropriate.
- Track and manage open issues and system functionality bugs and work with vendors and internal stakeholders, as needed, to resolve matters.
- Establish, maintain and enforce data entry standards, train system users on these standards and monitor for compliance.
- Implement and document application setup and security based upon business unit requirements and business rules.
- Providing training and application support on core systems to application users.
- Create, oversee and catalogue queries, reports, dashboards, pivot tables and other reporting output, as needed, to support business initiatives.
- Maintain documentation on all association-developed application enhancements, customisations, core applications, reports and analytics.
- Develop user acceptance test scripts and coordinate testing of new systems and/or functionality.
- Work in consultation with key users and partners to verify the security and integrity of all application systems.
- Work in consultation with key users and partners to determine frequency, timing and planning related to system and application upgrades.
- Perform system functionality testing and quality assurance during specific upgrades or other initiatives.
- Maintain policies and procedures for appropriate use of core business systems.
- Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related area
- Two (2) years’ experience in a related area
- Good to excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good to excellent knowledge of programming and computer systems
- Ability to learn a wide range of relevant programming languages and environments
- Good to excellent knowledge of methods and techniques used in operations
- Good to excellent knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Good to sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good to sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Good to excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Good to sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Tuesday, 22 November 2016