The successful applicant will assist with the supervisory and human resource roles, towards developing computer codes to address operational enhancement or inefficiencies, thereby ensuring the department meets its objectives.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the unit and supervision of the assigned staff.
- Assist with the development of policies, operating standards, protocols and procedures and assist in conducting regular back-ups to ensure policies are adhered to and no data is lost.
- Design or write program specifications based on consultations with relevant officers as well as design and code layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems to ensure all the needs of the department are met.
- Conduct periodic spot checks to ensure the integrity of data entered in applications.
- Compile code into programs and correct errors detected in the compile process as well as to modify and maintain software programs written by others to ensure no errors exist.
- Investigate and respond to customer queries, create test transactions and run tests to find errors and confirm program meets specification as well as analysing codes to find causes of errors and revises programs to maintain effective department management.
- Consult with relevant officers regarding all computer programs and software and convert designs and specifications into computer codes according to programming standards.
- Prepare relevant reports on the activities of the unit.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related area
- Five (5) years’ experience in a related area
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of information systems, users and applications
- Ability to learn a wide range of relevant programming languages and environments
- Excellent knowledge of methods and techniques used in operations
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure