Submitted by ACorbin on 6 June 2016 - 9:55am
Internal Position No.:
52 of 2016
The successful applicant will convert data from specifications and statements of problems to computer codes for Windows and Web systems in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with the development of policies, operating standards, protocols and procedures and assist in conducting regular back-ups to ensure policies are adhered to and no data is lost.
- Design or write program specifications based on consultations with relevant officers as well as design and code layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems to ensure all the needs of the department are met.
- Conduct periodic spot checks to ensure the integrity of data entered in applications.
- Monitor operation standards where programs are implemented, make recommendations for changes, and assist with implementation of changes if necessary for new standards to be adhered to.
- Compile code into programs and correct errors detected in the compile process as well as to modify and maintain software programs written by others to ensure no errors exist.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of technical and operation manuals for users and assist in providing training for the programmes and modules created.
- Investigate and respond to customer queries, create test transactions and run tests to find errors and confirm program meets specification as well as analysing codes to find causes of errors and revises programs to maintain effective department management.
- Consult with relevant officers regarding all computer programs and software and convert designs and specifications into computer codes according to programming standards.
- Prepare relevant reports on the activities of the unit.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any Senior Officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related area
- Three (3) years’ experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of programming and computer systems
- Sound knowledge of methods and techniques used in operations
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer software applications including sound knowledge of Oracle, CISCO CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 17 June 2016